2. We went over the "Goody Copper Penny Factory" lab.
3. We went over the Stoichiometry Quiz #5.
4 Al + 3 O 2 ----> 2 Al2O3
(you have 12.5 g of Al and 12.5 g of O2)
A)Identify the limiting reactant
LIMITING REACTANT= ALUMINUM (23.6 grams)
B) What mass of the product can be made?
23.6 Grams of Al2O3 can be made.
4. We started the Chapter 8 lab test.
- weighed 2 grams CuCl2.
- mixed the CuCl2 with 25mL of water.
- weighed 4 iron nails: 2.57 grams (Fe)
- dropped 4 iron (Fe) nails into the solution.
- Observations (Day 1): The iron nails turned a rusty reddish color that resembles copper. The CuCl2 mixture didnt really change colors, and there was no fizzing or bubbling.
Journal pg. 33 & 34